Amazing how I can gobble up so much food during buffets when at other times I either forget my meals or eat so little!
Sunday 14 August 2011 was e first anniversary of YOG (nostalgic feel when I saw e purple army of volunteers at Expo early in e morning at 8.30am) It turned out to be pretty boring, except e dancing performance by Singapore Taekwando Federation and catching a glimpse of Yam Ah Mee in person! Well, of coz catching up with camera fanatics Yongqing n Jimmy n Joo Kee n Chrong Meng etc... Thanks to Jiahong for waking up even earlier to come fetch me to Expo :)
Brunch was bento set from Stamford Catering, we actually sang lotsa praises for the pasta, dark sauce chicken n broccoli! Skipped lunch n went on to high tea with Jiahong, mummy n Phyllis. Oh Yongqing was hungry so we went Wendy's before that, I ate a sinful fried chicken n some fries! goodness...!
Rendezvous' high tea is not bad, and with e National Day promo, I only paid $23++ per pax :) love e laksa n dessert spread. and yes I wrapped my own popiah! e rest of e food was just so-so I would say, passable but not extremely nice...
Just a little distraction ~ went to watch Hero: Drawing Show on Saturday 20 August 2011 with Jiahong n Phyllis. Happening lo, my heels' strap broke while I was in Popeye's then luckily I got a pair of slippers in e car, Jiahong went up to e carpark with e slippers for me :) e four Korean performers are so awesome, although I half expected e creativity n artwork, I did not anticipate the humour and audience engagement part. Pleasantly surprised by e whole performance... Thanks to Phy for suggesting to watch this!
The next buffet I had within e month was Sunday nite with the FSCians :) STEAMBOAT! well, I think it's one of e few times I really ate alot alot until super full! And I love e potato noodles which Wanxuan introduced... hehe love e place too, for its cleanliness n airconditioned area... we were still quite cool aft e feast. Dessert was at Swirl Art, yogurt's yummy n helped me feel less heavy!
No comments:
Post a Comment