Friday, April 29, 2005

Dinner at Secret Garden...

I chose this colour coz it's the fav colour of my "mummy" cum ex-colleague Jen. Met her for dinner at Secret Garden. Wanted to bring her here for many reasons.. she dotes upon me like a daughter, Mother's Day is coming and I bought her a bouquet of flowers, she wants to pass me birthday present, it's been a few mths since we met, I know nobody will bring her here.............................................

She's in her 40s, and single. Has been waiting for a guy she loved deeply for the past 10yrs or so, but still waiting... we've worked together for 3yrs and she's a very soft lady, sensitive and very nice. Being a diabetic, she's been very careful with her diet and tries hard to slim down. Unfortunately, doc says she has tyroid months ago, possibly due to stress. Aft more check-up, they found 5 lumps in her neck, near the tyroid. Unable to find out if they are cancerous, doc needs to remove all 5 for safety reasons. Surgery is scheduled in Jun. Last mth, she went for a full body check-up and doc found her artillery blocked. May need surgery to insert a tube in and do a "balloon". Haiz.... she feels that life is unfair and God must have hated her. She has thought of attempting suicide. I scolded her... I told her - there're alot of other people out there suffering in much worse state than her, they are still living. Look forward, life will be more beautiful..

We ended the night around 10+ and I walked her to take a bus home. We chatted and chatted... till her bus came.. I wished her "Happy Mother's Day" and she looked at me, teary, said thanks and that she really appreciated it and boarded the bus. Life is such... ups and downs... I sometime wished everybody can be as positive as I am... but end of the day, I thought, if I encounter a very bad fall, can I take it well too?

No comments: