Thursday, August 11, 2005

Interview with Leong...

Today, I've an interview with a candidate for my Customer Care Exec position...

Leong, this guy, barely 150cm tall, came up to me at the recep area, wearing a polo tee and pants... bespectacled and with v short hair... first impression, I admit, was not that good.

However, when we start chatting, I realised that though he's not v experienced in customer service, he is eloquent and speaks proper English. He was well-organised with his thoughts, and could express himself well. I was comfortable with him, and happy with his performance.

I went up to my manager after that and told her that I want this guy in. She asked for my reasons and I told her... no further questions, she accepted and asked me to make the necessary arrangements... just like that.

Aft going thru HR and speaking to the agency, I made sure that Leong starts next Mon, 15 Aug 2005... wish me luck friends.... this is the first time I employed someone.... purely based on my interview and opinions...

No comments: