Monday, October 17, 2005

Going back...

Things are very strange... your path, route in life can be suddenly altered... within afew minutes....

On Fri, I went around distributing farewell chocolates and thank-you cards to my colleagues and some managers in the late afternoon.... when I returned, my manager Jack grabbed me into her cubicle and whispered,"what'll your decision be if Tyco can counter-offer whatever you asked for that time?" I was shocked, with disbelief!! Am I hearing things? It's 45mins b4 6pm and my manager is playing a cruel joke on me?! Why can't they just let me go in peace? I had wanted to sever all ties, forget abt my unsteady team and newbies and concentrated on looking forward to new challenges at my new workplace and getting new friends.

15mins later, I was seated with my manager and another manager (favourite to my GM). They negotiated with charm, touched me and convinced me to stay!! Irony hor? They are offering me a 25% increment, how can I say no? But I told them, I will only confirm aft seeing the letter... hey, no black n white, only verbal... how can? I told them verbally, ok.

Haiz.... how to tell my new co? especially when it was introduced by a very good friend... are you reading this now? I'm really sorry.....

Anyway, I was down with chronic colon contractions last Sat and can't make it to work today. Abdomen area v pain. Doc said if pain goes to my right, then it could be appendics.

Will give myself another day to decide.

No comments: