Last Sat, it was Yiting's activity Music and Its Wonders
We went through some worksheets and got the students to listen and note what kind of music it was... it was interesting to know there're so many different types of music... maybe a little too chim for the students? They dun seem to catch it.
2nd part where they listen to some songs and fill in the blanks for missing lyrics was quite good. They were more relaxed, and some were trying hard to listen carefully and attempted at spelling many new words... hehe like listening comprehension.
On the whole, it was a good effort on Yiting's part and of coz, the other volunteers who were there and helped out...
It was raining quite bad, As Sindy brought her little sis Qiqi along, we made it a point to send the 2 girls home as well. It was so funny, especially when Qiqi feared Joe so much, she didn't want to go near him or board his van. I basically told her, if you don't go up the van, then we'll all leave her alone at the bus-stop and she had no choice but to go along. Haha
My thots: Heard some arguments between the 2 girls. They have a pretty complicated family background. And due to this, the sisters were brought up separately and not close to each other. It's very sad. Qiqi was saying that she has grandpa, dad, mum, sis and bro BUT Sindy doesn't. However, Sindy was very strong. She smsed me that she doesn't the love from her mum. She has lived with only her grandma for more than 10years, she has never felt the love of a mum or sis. It is really hard for her to accept it now. I understand how she feels. It takes alot to counsel her. I'll do my best for her. She said if she runs away from home one day, she come to my house. I wished that day will never come, but yet, if it happens, I'll rather she comes to me, than any other people I dun know. Thanks God that she smsed that she loves me and will only listen to me. At least, at this point of time, I know, that no matter what happens, she can depend on me, emotionally.
I pray for her. That all will go smoothly for her. It's a tough road for a young gal like her... only 14years old... being forced to mature like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment