I've decided to make a comeback....
Haven't posted on my blog for months. Guys and gals, miss me eh??
Well, this time round, I've decided to set my theme to ABLE - Activities based learning experience. For those who know, it's my "part-time" job.. hehe my volunteering work at CDAC
Well, every week (hopefully) I'll update wad happened on the fateful Sat afternoon..
Ermmm, let's start with yesterday - we went to the long abandoned Haw Par Villa situated in Pasir Panjang (in case you didn't know). The figurines are old and the paint-work has fallen off quite abit. Left to survive in the sun and brave storms, nobody actually maintain them in any sense. Poor things!! The stroll uphill was tiring and steep... there were too many steps and very stressful for old people like me! Haha... The layout was confusing and the maps do not display all exhibits. Pretty disappointing... But, I enjoy reading the Virtues tableau and taking photos of all the huge figurines or status. The weather was fine (though a little too humid from the aftermath of the thunderstorm in the late morning) Students, however, were as hyper as ever, running up and down, with panting volunteers giving chase behind them! Worksheets were duly filled, though I may not have managed to let them learn what they need to. May consider holding half a session to go thru the answers and give teachings on values and virtues!! We left at 4.30pm and guess what, the rain started again... I'm really thankful to God for doing what he did - stopping the rain for that few hours while we were at Haw Par. I cannot imagine the trip with all the lightings and thunders.
Shall see ya next week. Cheers..................................!
No comments:
Post a Comment