It was a major decision to go ahead n join CDAC initially. After volunteering with them for 10yrs, e long-time dream of working there, in a big family was something too good to be true.
Most of e time during this 1.5yrs, I have to admit that I was happy. Enjoyed handling parents and seniors, playing with e kids, chatting with e counter staff, spending time with colleagues, doing outreach to VWOs and GROs, organising networking sessions and events, etc etc etc. Sadly there were also down time. When I get drenched daily when e negative cloud hoovers over my head n rains, when my friends ask when I'm going to seriously work instead of getting paid for "volunteering", when I'm unable to arrange to shop for furniture with mummy, watch movie with family, n have breakfast with nieces, when I cannot fit into my grpmates' schedule to meet up for grp discussions... that's when I feel totally discouraged to stay on.
If you noticed, it's a thin line between being selfish and staying for e sake of my interest VS doing something for my family n friends and leaving so I have more time to "distribute" among everybody, including myself (a friend used to tell me, "you need ME time too!").
Alright, I guess the above has easily gave away clues, or not obvious hints of the HUGE decision that I have made.
Next comes another "medium" decision. To join a corporate sector and be a Centre Supervisor, oversee 20+ staff (call centre, front-desk n sales) crawl or climb up e corporate ladder... VS to join a social service sector and be an Operations Exec, in charge of library, IT hub and thrift shop. Both have already offered me officially...!
Goodness! Life is all about making decisions ~ you decide if you should wake up when your alarm clock rings, you decide what you want to eat for breakfast (sometimes the choices are limited), you decide if you wana take bus, mrt or cab to work, you decide the tasks to complete within e day etc etc etc...
Alright, so much for my first official blog, after my friendster blog closed down (Jan 2007 to July 2011) all my hardwork n memories are cleaned out... there must be sweet ones, I'm sure. But I guess, I will just leave them as it is. I'm someone who believes that things happen for a reason, I believe in fate wholeheartedly too! Well, for those who have not read e posts of this blog (written when I was still naive and raw), go ahead and spend some time going through my old old memories (I think I should also go start reading the posts now... hehe)
No comments:
Post a Comment