It's pretty amazing, from being introduced to GH via email through my senior, to meeting him for sandwich lunch at Raffles Place (chatting for over an hour), to sitting down through meetings with him and other MC members, to having little chats before n after those meetings etc etc...
He is someone who is well-respected, by almost every dept in e organisation. As a long-time volunteer, he has whizzed past being just a volunteer into being part of several mgmt committees, making some major / minor decisions here and there.
I like his character, straight to the point, giving us criticism whenever necessary, choosing e right opportunity (always) to guide us along e way. Even via emails, he taught us how to handle things positively and politically right.
Last night, I broke his heart by telling him about my decision to leave. It was traumatising I would say. Having been fighting inside me about "when is the right moment", I finally plucked up my courage when he "invaded" into e space between Linnie n I when we were chatting. He sort of guessed it, but didn't expect me to leave within 2yrs of my job. He knew I was under pressure and torment by xxxx, but still, he didn't realise that would happen so quickly. I could see his eyes became teary (maybe it was because he was tired) He was clearly very upset. Thankfully there were Linnie n Dr Lim around, so he didn't really lose his cool.
Finally, after about an hr of chat, he left... after asking me to email my bosses that he would like to meet up with them... sigh! and yah when at home, he sent me this sms "You resign, I also resign. Good night!" gosh! that's fierce huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment