It was an amazing night! I felt like I was still shouting MAJULAH e whole night, thus waking up with a hoarse throat :) But it was sweet, so proud to shout it out loud whenever we hear "Singapore" by any of the NDP presenters...
When I first received a missed call on e same day Shirley informed us that Darren "won the ballot to receive 2 NDP tix", I was so excited. Waiting by my phone, I received e 2nd call in the afternoon ard 4pm. YES! My mummy won the ballot too! 4 tix for us - Phyllis, Jiahong and I were like thinking who to ask to go with us. We decided on Kelly after Phyllis returned to Sg and she was abit skeptical about it. Kept saying that "everything is so small" haha!
Yesterday afternoon, Phyllis and I prepared ourselves, packed what to bring, dressed in red top and white bottoms (which she took some time to find that), we left the house when Jiahong and Kelly arrived to pick us. Shirley and Darren were already at Raffles City, had their lunch and were window-shopping while waiting for us. Bought our Mac, ate my sundae, collect F1 fans and 100plus bom-boms (I duno what you call them) and off we went to Marina Square where Darren bought a red tee from Fox. Along the way, I managed to coax a pair of mother and daughter to exchange their blue sector tix with Shirley's green ones so my sister n hubby can sit with us! Bless them for agreeing!
Went through the gantries, collected our Fun Packs, up the stairs on the floating platform and we were seated in the sun, baking there for an hour or two before Gurmit and fellows came to entertain us abit. Sang "Hey Jude", "Dancing Queen" and etc, did the Singapore wave, shouted "Majulah" whenever any of them said "Singapore", waved our flags, stood up when the ministers arrived, I was tearing with LKY walked up the stairs - OMG he looked so frail! We shouted "ooooooooooh YEAH" when the red lions landed. We looked amazed when all the defence machines, vehicles arrived. Paid attention to the storyline of Sharon Au and her son and her grandson and kampong friends. Wowed at the colourful displays of performers and props. Sang Majulah Singapura twice - once during the "flag raising ceremony" as if we were in school :) said the Singapore pledge during Pledge Moment at 8.10pm after watching those amazing fireworks for about 10mins or so, while singing the National Day songs altogether. Waved goodbye to SR Nathan (his last presidential year at the NDP). Clapped our hands alot of times. Took many photos. It was truly a night not to be forgotten!
On the way home, we stopped by Niqqi's to have our dinner-cum-supper. Ate banana cheese prata and pinched some of the mee kuah meant to be shared. Kelly ordered a maggi seafood special and added chilli sauce in it, weird but they all said nice. Haha. Jiahong ate a small plate of maggi goreng and like 50% of the mee kuah. Phyllis only had horlicks dinosaur and took a little of maggi seafood special + mee kuah + a spoon of maggi goreng :) Satisfied, off we went to hsh.
Good night Singapore, hope you enjoyed your 46th birthday bash!
No comments:
Post a Comment