Monday, November 28, 2011

oh yes, busy!

Well it's been more than 1mth since I have posted here... many many things have happened, it has been an adventurous journey so far, venturing into life at VED... I've learnt many things and most of all, it is really not easy! Of coz, very importantly, I'm enjoying every bit of it here! Found that the colleagues here are really nice and warm, we are like a big family and yuppie no politics in here :)

Hmmm too many events that were held to be mentioned in just afew words - I promise to write more often ok?
Perhaps I will just talk about the most memorable events that I had been involved?

One of it is definitely the SHG Grad Ceremony which is like a part of my life. Can you imagine doing volunteer work for 10years, attached to one single programme, getting myself committed with lots of passion for every Saturday in 10years? Now that I am a staff, and yes I think we can control alot more things here, I am glad, really happy, that we can actually have the "power" to make SHG Grad such a happening event that touched people's heart and make so many people grateful! Gosh, every part of our late nights, skipping of meals, fights with the protesting copier-printer, running here and there like some crazy women, yes every single part counts! And I love the event so much! :)

Another one is haha the one where I was supposed to make a presentation to abt 200 ppl (well, there were 200 chairs arranged in the auditorium. But I guess about 10 or 20 empty seats?) Spent about 2weeks preparing the presentation slides, editing here and there, looking for photos and etc etc. Saw from the properties of the ppt that there were abt 169 changes!!! Woah!!! Oh the final few days leading to the Workshop was even more happening... there were rehearsals after rehearsals, I was even able to memorise the script by the last day! It was getting more and more exciting, especially when we saw the seats being filled up, and then the Ministers started walking in and sitting down on e first row... I will never ever forget the moment when I started introducing myself and I daringly looked at the 5 Ministers and there they were looking straight at me and smiled with their hearts! Certainly took my breath away!
Oh and most importantly, when Ms Grace Fu was taking her leave, she stretched out her hand and said "Great presentation!" while shaking my hand. It was awesome!

No comments: