Alright, not sure if anybody's following my blog. But to those who are reading, thousand apologies for no updates for at least 15days!
Half of Oct has passed, means I've been with Volunteers Engagement & Development for a good 2weeks liao. Actually, as at today, I'm still feeling abit lost and unsure of what I should be doing next. Well, I'll try and iron it out. As it is, I will plan my workplan for 2012, what kind of training & activities to run, and sort out the workflow for it.
Meanwhile, before my mentor goes on maternity leave (EDD 10 Dec) which may be pretty soon, I better buck up and learn the ropes fast and steady.
Some highlights for the first half of the month for sharing:-
1 Oct - JR SHG's children's day celebration. Initially it was quite tough to get e kids to play games, but they later got convinced to play "murderer" and actually requested for encore! haha... There were food, lots and drinks and junk food. Also took grp pic after that, outside the centre where the wall mural was.
6 Oct - Dept dinner at office, which was pretty cool. Colleagues came up with a food list, selected afew of them to be in the organising committee, brought steamboat, food and etc. At around 5.30pm, they went to prepare everything and by 6.15pm we started dinner. Weather was suitable too, it was pouring, super cooling to eat steamboat outdoors. We tucked in, chatted, laughed, ate and ate... finished around 9pm and everybody helped to clear up and wash up. It could really be a blessing that we have an all-girls team!
8 Oct - RH SHG. Bought a brownie cake over, had it nicely decorated by staff of P.Osh. Love it so much, counter staff felt it was too sweet :( haha. Activity was fun, Yuhui bought plain kites and the kids had fun designing and personalising their own kites. Aft that, we brought the P6 kids out to Tiong Bahru park to fly the kites. It wasn't easy coz of there was NO wind! But anyway, most if not all had fun :)
13 Oct - Kit's 2nd concert in her 18yrs singing career. The last time I went to her concert (or rather, the 1st time she held a concert) was 10year ago. It was truly awesome and nostalgic to hear some of her evergreens! All e fans and audience respected her request not to take photos or recording during the concert and it was kinda cool, we just sang along, cheered, laughed, and enjoyed her beautiful voice, no flashes no camera-clicking sound... I think she's e only artiste to attract me to attend her concert twice, maybe thrice if she has it again (I already regretted not going during the Huayi festival when she performed at Esplanade with SCO) Jieyi ~ jiayou!
No comments:
Post a Comment