Previous post in May reflected on how much I miss this group of guy buddies... And today (15 Jul 2012), I had e opportunity of meeting afew of them, quite afew actually, at Dan's baby shower party! From me accepting the fb invite to the event 2weeks ago, I have been really excited... Today, when I was in e lift going up his block, I had butterflies in my stomach n cold sweat liao!
In his house, I was really happy to see Dan again :) n happiest moment was meeting his baby daughter Mikae and pretty wife May (yes she's e ex-girlfriend now) Caught a glimpse of Eddie in e balcony but he left even before I came out of e bedroom so nope we didnt get a chance to say hello.
First person I spotted - Barry. Always happy, nice dimple, good looking guy who came with his girlfriend. Wow! He's getting married :) happy for him! Remembered him as a brother who is always looking aft me, well who did not? All e guys in e grp all doted on me n treated me like a younger sister last time...
Second person - Julius. He didnt look any different from before. It was so easy to spot him. Especially since he found me on fb and added me. Chatted with him for awhile, and ate lunch with his wife n daughter. he and Dan are certainly best brothers n so Julius was naturally like an elder brother to me.
Third person - Edmund. Recognised him as he was walking in at e main door. After Julius shook his hand, I stretched out my hand and said Hi Edmund. He was like in a state of shock and went, "Hi........ SHARON!" Nice one. Glad he could recognise me too!
Forth person - BEN and JOCELYN! Ben was like my best pal, really really close one. When he saw me, he went like, "This one cannot shake hand, must hug de" Yes we hugged. I kinda expected it. I certainly missed him a great deal! 15yrs apart has really taken away alot from us, the chemistry seemed to have left and I'm quite hopeful to find it back.
Then Alan arrived. He's not someone I would say I missed. Well, he used to be my ex. We hanged out alot when we were buddies and the feeling of being friends with him is cool. I still heard news abt him sometimes, I bumped into him once few yrs back and he was the first I added in fb among this group. So yah...
Left Dan's house feeling glad I came. I hope I will still see them again, really. If can, for a great meal together. If not, then yah drinks (haha we could still chat about e good ole days when we drank at Boat Quay every single Saturday night till e cows come home...)
No comments:
Post a Comment