Thursday, August 10, 2006

my National Day

Yesterday was National Day... our 41st Birthday celebration... the last to be held at National Stadium... the stadium I go to at least once a week in the past, to watch Malaysia Cup... the stadium I went to watch Michael Jackson concert more than 10years ago....

I had a surprise call ard 11.30am... from my beloved sis, Phyllis... who knew how patriotic I was... who knew how I much I would love to attend the NDP... who knew how much I adore Mr Lee KY... she said, "Jie, I got tickets, you wan?" ..... I want?! Of coz I do, I desire.... I pinned for it!!!!!

As joe had other prior commitments, I brought a friend along (Crystal) and met up with Phyllis and her friend at Jurong East MRT @3pm... By the time we reached Kallang MRT, it was oredi chaotic.... the whole stn was "flooded" with Singaporeans, dressed in our favourite colour, RED! We waited for Phyllis n friend (have to protect him, as afew readers of my blog belong to his school) to change to their red tees... I was impressed with the marshalls who controlled the traffic and human crowd... v systematic and orderly... we finally boarded the shuttle bus ard 4.15pm and reached the stadium in less than 15mins.

The whole stadium was like a sea of red n white.... ard 90% dressed in red tees.... it was simply awesome...! Not my 1st time to watch, had gone there few years ago with Joe, but the feeling is different each time... not sure why? ....we queued at the Yellow tickets q... and walked slowly with the crowd in, then queuing for the fun pack which consisted of many many goodies and stuff to "play" with during the parade....

The pre-parade segment was pretty fun... with Gurmit Singh and Michelle Chia leading our side of the stadium - the white team... we cheered, we did the Kallang wave, we sang, we danced.... had lotsa fun! felt so young... hehe

Parade was the norm, except we saw someone from the contingent faint... couldn't make out which uniform group, but he/she was holding a flag... even had the flag lying on the sketcher... Performance was also norm... except with alot of fireworks which were simply beautiful!!!!

Very touched with the display of fireworks and then the singing of National Day songs.... we stood up and danced.... we screamed and shouted at the top of our head.... we sang Majulah Singapura twice... but who cares? we said the pledge, in harmony, united as one... we waved the flag...

It was a tiring nite.... we were super exhausted therafter..... walked with the crowd towards Kallang MRT, but couldn't continue our journey halfway.... legs going to break ler... perspiring like hell..... whole body ache... old liao.... luckily Joe came to pick us... I directed him to this busstop at Sims Ave.... got up the car..... then we went eat tou hua at Rochor.... and sent Phyllis n friend home... then home to shower and concuss!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: