The ambience in the restaurant is simply romantic, with lights leading to Keppel Bay, soothing breeze blowing in my face. The waitress approached our table after clearing our empty plates, laid a plate of choc cake (my fav) on the table and I was dumbfounded.
On the plate, neatly written, were the words "Will you marry me?"
So simple, so cliche, yet heartwarming.
5years ago today, I was happily attached with John. We received blessings from family and friends, and have decided, after he is back from Taiwan (posted there by SAF for a year) ~ we will get married. go through e traditional Indian wedding where I will get to wear those pretty sari costumes and heavy expensive jewellery. Well, it's unusual for me, coz I'm so used to wearing "civilian" clothes day in-out. haha...
During the 1year he was there, something tragic happened. It changed my whole life, I was down with depression, sulked in my own world for a gd 2years or more. A freak accident happened at the campsite, a plane crashed and he left me, left the whole world, to be on his own. How could he bear to do that? I was waiting for him to come back, didn't he promise me to return and marry me?
For a long time, I did not tell anybody how I really felt. I did not even dared talk about him at all. Tears fall naturally, heartache naturally... during this period, I was afraid, scared of getting hurt again, moved a step back whenever someone seems interested in me... I dun wan to go through another round of pain again. I dun wan to be tormented again.
Tim came into my life, gave me the courage to start a new relationship, and I soon regain faith to fall in love again. It was a beautiful story, and I feel totally immersed in happiness and love. Today, as he proposed, I am once again melted by his kindness and devoteness.
At the back of my head, I was deafened by the drum and music, as we stepped onto the stage in the wedding ceremony. In front of me, I could see all my family members and friends, happy faces everywhere, blessing me with their love. In the corner, I could see a vision of John, smiling, giving me his best wishes, shielding me from harm and danger, protecting me with all he can, to ensure I lead a good life and stay happily forever after.
(Names have been changed to protect my friend.)
No comments:
Post a Comment